Dr. Paul Klotman

Today we had the privilege of having Dr. Paul Klotman, President and CEO of Baylor College of Medicine, as our speaker. What an impressive man! I don’t think I’ve ever been to a speech or lecture where 2 hours flew by like that. He talked about the Affordable Health Care Act and how people should not call it Obamacare since it’s really Romneycare, as it’s the exact same plan that Romney implemented in Massachusetts. He also spoke about a few of the specifics of the act and also about the issues that still need to be worked out. I was extremely impressed by how he handled some of the questions from the audience, including some of the harsh comments that were made. He’s obviously very passionate and knowledgeable about the subject.If you want to learn more about Dr. Klotman, here’s a link to his bio: http://www.bcm.edu/president/klotman-bio

I feel very lucky about the caliber of speakers we get to listen to on a regular basis in the healthcare program and I have definitely learned something from every single one of them so far. I’m very excited about hearing John Nickens and Dr. Albert Hergenroeder speak tomorrow as I’ve heard great things about them.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.