Free Printing // Students in Waco
Students in Waco can print for no charge at the Baylor UPS store on 8th Street. You will need to present your Baylor ID before printing begins. You will need to have documents downloaded onto a USB drive, and there is a 10-page maximum front and back for each student.
Virtual Career Events // For Those On The Job Hunt!
Looking for a job post-grad or an upcoming internship? The Career Center is hosting numerous virtual events this week to keep your career goals on target. Check Handshake for up-to-date information on each session.
Food Resources through BU // Get What You Need
The Store, Baylor’s food pantry, is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CDT, Monday-Friday, and is temporarily located in the lobby area of the McLane Student Life Center (SLC). Students who have additional food needs are encouraged to contact The Store team at email@example.com. We will work with you to determine a plan of action based on your specific circumstances.
BU Health Services & Counseling // Still Available
If you are a student still in Waco, don’t forget that BU Health Services (located at the SLC) is still taking patients and providing care Mondays – Fridays from 8am – 5pm (CST). Additionally, mental care and support is provided via telecounseling, no matter your physical/geographic location!
Each year Frame/s has a different theme. This year, during the fall semester, our editorial board decided on the theme of “Connection.” This theme is now even more appropriate in our current world. We hope you take the time to read through the publication, which includes contributions from 15 of your BIC peers. You can read the full publication online. We hope you enjoy.
Editorial team: Joao Moraes, DA Smith, Emily Rand Wilson, and DJ Ramirez
The Writing Center – Online!
Here is a message from Baylor’s Writing Center:
“As the Baylor community works together to transition to online instruction, we at the University Writing Center (UWC) would like to make you aware of the services we have available to support you. Our online tutoring services have been established and flourishing for several years, and we are prepared to continue serving as a remote resource for Baylor writers for the rest of this semester. At the UWC, we offer tutoring services to all members of the Baylor community free of charge. Our consultants are trained to provide assistance on any writing project at any stage of the writing process:
- We are qualified readers of print-based, digital, and multimodal compositions.
- We consult over class assignments as well as outside writing such as personal statements, job applications, and cover letters.
- We help with issues particular to multilingual (ESL/ELL) writers.
- Most importantly, we tailor our support to meet each writer’s individual needs. Our goal in tutoring sessions is to help writers become better drafters, reviewers, and editors of their own work.
There are two types of online appointments:
- Synchronous online consultations that take place in real time with both tutor and writer present via our appointment website, baylor.mywconline.com. Both parties are able to view the writer’s work on-screen and can communicate through audio/video or chat.
- Asynchronous consultations, or eTutoring consultations, that do not take place in real time but allow writers to upload their work (and the relevant prompt or instructions, if applicable), list out their concerns, and receive electronic written feedback from a consultant within 48 hours of the appointment slot. These appointments can also be scheduled through our appointment website.
More information about both types of online appointments can be found on our Online Consultations webpage.”