Everybody, meet mis Amigos…

This past week I have been able to finally get a close up look at just what it is that we have been working towards this entire semester. As strange as it sounds, I feel so incredibly proud of those tiny little black spots with tails because they are representative of every hour we have spent working and researching in the lab. It is such a great feeling to be able to look at the finished product of your work and be able to say “all of that time and effort has paid off”. Those itty-bitty little clear spots we were working with at the beginning of the semester have matured  (not really, but it feels like it) into a fully grown phage with DNA we can look at and analyze. I’m looking forward to completing the next steps in the process, whatever they may be.

One thought on “Everybody, meet mis Amigos…

1. Kirby

Chloe, this post describes my life perfectly! Today in lab I am going to to hopefully make my gel and see all of my pain and suffering come to fruition! All the times I did the same procedure millions (an approximation) of times, I felt so bogged down and disheartened but it’s so refreshing to see my little phage child come to life and really get to explore what I have been working over for the entire semester!

Reply