The Internship Search Continues

It is the end of March and I have yet to solidify my plans for this summer. It isn’t for a lack of trying though. I’ve sent my resume to tons of positions, contacted everyone I can through LinkedIn, and continued to reach out to every Baylor Alumni available.

The problem is finding the right match and making sure you impress at the interview. These seem like common sense tactics to landing a position but anyone who has recently been searching knows that it isn’t easy. I have found myself focused and determined to land a position since about October. So for the past six months I have been repeating the process listed above and as of yet have not found any luck. I will admit my aspirations are pretty high but I have determined swinging for the fences as the best policy. For example, investment banking in New York has been at the top of my list and I have successfully interviewed with some of the biggest banks in the country only to fall short. That’s ok though because I plan on staying the course and hope to find that dream internship before the summer is out.

My reason for this dramatic attempt at going big is because I find that for me to be successful I want to love what I do. So at this point in my career I feel I can take those shots and prepare as best as possible before I find the right fit. Wish me luck!