Feb 03 2014

Bill Nye Vs. Ken Ham on Feb. 4

Published by at 8:46 pm under Science Education

Hello everyone!

I thought this was really interesting, Bill Nye, a childhood celebrity, will be debating Ken Ham, a creationist, about the theory of evolution. I also thought this video from Bill Nye was interesting as a precursor to the debate (sorry if I offend anyone). Here’s the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbYJfwFgOU

The debate is happening tomorrow, Feb. 4th, at 6:00 p.m. You can watch it on NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, or debatelive.org.

Anyways, I thought it was relevant since we’re starting to touch on the theory of evolution in class.

One response so far

One Response to “Bill Nye Vs. Ken Ham on Feb. 4”

1. jadeconnoron 24 Feb 2014 at 4:26 am

I watched the debate a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was interesting, though I don’t think either side had a perfect argument. I understood what Ham was saying about the fact that there is no definitive way of knowing what exactly happened in the past, but I also agree with Bill Nye in his argument about the scientific method. I thought it was funny how both sides argued some of the same points, but the interpretation of the facts was the difference. At the end of the day, though, I don’t think either side convinced the other that he was right.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS