Bill Nye Vs. Ken Ham on Feb. 4

Hello everyone!

I thought this was really interesting, Bill Nye, a childhood celebrity, will be debating Ken Ham, a creationist, about the theory of evolution. I also thought this video from Bill Nye was interesting as a precursor to the debate (sorry if I offend anyone). Here’s the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbYJfwFgOU

The debate is happening tomorrow, Feb. 4th, at 6:00 p.m. You can watch it on NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, or debatelive.org.

Anyways, I thought it was relevant since we’re starting to touch on the theory of evolution in class.

One thought on “Bill Nye Vs. Ken Ham on Feb. 4

1. jadeconnor

I watched the debate a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was interesting, though I don’t think either side had a perfect argument. I understood what Ham was saying about the fact that there is no definitive way of knowing what exactly happened in the past, but I also agree with Bill Nye in his argument about the scientific method. I thought it was funny how both sides argued some of the same points, but the interpretation of the facts was the difference. At the end of the day, though, I don’t think either side convinced the other that he was right.

Reply