Huffington Post 9/19/13

9/19/13

This week I observed the Huffington Post on Thursday September 19.  It is very similar to The Washington Post I have read weeks prior.  It covers much of the same things like: politics, entertainment, technology, business, etc.  On the internet the it I noticed it has a front page tab which is something the Post does not have.

The top story was titled, Obama Takes On Coal With First-Ever Carbon Limits.  President Obama is planning to impose strict laws on the power plants that release carbon dioxide emissions.  It is not going to affect the power plants already in use but for future ones being built.  The is a step in using fuel sources that are more environmental friendly.  The EPA has to start enforcing the act by next summer of 2014.  This proposal has been trying to get passed since 2011.  Obama will give a press release Friday September 20, 2013.

Two other stories I thought were of interest was in the entertainment and Business sections.  The first was titled, Miley Reveals Her Mantra In Trailer For ‘Miley: The Movement’.  The young actor will have her own MTV behind the scenes reality show airing later in the fall this year.  The young actor has collaborated with Brittney Spears which has been featured in some of Miley’s songs.  Both of these women were once Disney child stars that have taken an opposite direction since leaving the Network.  It makes you wonder what is Disney putting in the water.  The second article I thought was of interest was, Finally, JPMorgan Admits The Bank Broke The Law.  JP Morgan had broken the law by not keeping watch of its traders.  The traders had altered documents to hide huge losses by over valuing the portfolio.  They are having to pay 920 million dollars for their mishap.  Although this seems like a lot of money it is barley a dent in just their quarterly profits.

This outlet mostly appears to older adults and young adults in their mid 20’s.  It has several stories and topics that these generations can relate to.  Some younger people such as kids in high school could relate to some of these stories such as the entertainment and technology sections.  Still the younger generation are mostly like to get their news from TV and internet sources.

I like the Huffington Post when it comes to style of paragraphs.  They are shorter and seem to flow easier.  But for the content and coverage I lean more towards The Washing Post.  Both are great papers but if I would recomend one it would probably be the Washington Post.