The Game of a Lifetime (by Lexa Johnson)

As we arrived at Floyd Casey Stadium to watch Baylor play Kansas State a few weekends ago, my friends and I were excited to watch the Baylor Bears and hopeful that the defense would show up. We were decked out in our Baylor gear, jeans, and boots for the first cold weather game of the season. Chamber even gave out s’mores and hot chocolate and their tailgate booth!

Once the game began, excitement rose in the stadium as Baylor came out with intensity and quickly scored a touchdown. The team only continued on with intensity and played with fire throughout the game. At one point, Kansas State scored a touchdown to tie up the game, but that was the only point that they even came close to touching us. Baylor steam rolled over Kansas State to finish with a total of three picks and two sacs! The defense not only came to play, but they came to beat the number one ranked team in the county!

As the game continued on, the intensity in the stadium grew exponentially. The student section went absolutely crazy after every play, and especially after every touchdown. Even the team was dancing to music on the sideline! The entire stadium was fully engaged and made sure that Kansas State knew they were playing in Bear Country. As the game continued and the Bears continued to put up points on the scoreboard, excitement continued to grow in the stadium.

Students began climbing over the fence and standing on the field as the clock marked the end of the fourth quarter. Everyone was ready to rush the field and soak in the glory of beating Kansas State! It was the kind of game that I had always imagined taking part in as a Baylor student. The feeling in the stadium was electric. I had so much fun getting to share in the excitement with my best friends. I am so proud to be a Baylor Bear and extremely glad that I got to cheer on my team and take part in an amazing victory that will be recounted for years to come.