Smart Babies

Wow, it has been a while since I’ve posted anything! So I’ll start by talking about my residency a little bit.

I was very sad when the fall semester was approaching because I wasn’t ready to leave my residency. I have learned so much by being in that environment and I have loved every minute of it! So I talked to the VP of Operations to see if there was any way that they would keep me part time this semester. I looked at my class schedule and determined that I could put in 20 hours of work per week by going in from 2-5pm Mon-Thurs and work a full day on Fridays since we don’t have class anyway. After a couple of weeks, David said that they would keep me! I was ecstatic since I feel that I still have a lot to experience there. Also, I didn’t want to leave without having a complete implementation plan of my Smart Babies project. Speaking of which, we have determined that Waco is an excellent candidate for this project and Hillcrest definitely plans on moving forward! Marcy (my amazing preceptor) was asked to give a presentation about our findings at the community update meeting. So I quickly got to work on a powerpoint presentation for her. When we got there, Marcy told them that I would be presenting some of the slides since I’ve been doing pretty much all the work on this project. I can’t tell you how nice it was to get recognized for what I’ve been doing all summer. Marcy could’ve easily taken credit. I can’t overstate what an amazing preceptor she has been. She’s always willing to teach me new things, talk about work, life, or anything else that comes to mind. To sum up my experience with her, I’ll leave you with a brief conversation we had the other day.

Me: “Marcy, I just realized I haven’t asked you if you would like to continue to be my preceptor this fall. You technically only signed up for the summer.”

Marcy: “Oh yeah, girl, we’ll have fun!”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.