The United States was at war and many were ready to step behind President LBJ and the armed forces like they had in the past. Look at the content bellow and answer the following questions.
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:
You are a reporter supports the war in Vietnam.
What information do you include about the war in your report?
What inforamtion might you exclude?
1.What is happening in this picture?
2.How is Lyndon B. Johnson being portrayed?
3.Based on the image, what types of characteristics might be used to characterize the injured soldier?
4. Why do you think this photograph was published?
1.Why might President Ford introducing an amnesty program for Vietnam War draft resisters be controversial?
2.How does this letter reflect the U.S. perception of the war?
1.What station is broadcasting this news cast and what is their purpose in broadcasting it?
2.Who was captured and killed in the recent update? How are these people portrayed?
3.What is happening in Viet Cong?
4.How has the Vietnam Government’s responded? Has it worked?
5.What does the reporter think is the tactic that will work?
1. How many more men are being called into the draft?
2. What are President Johnson’s reasons for this draft?
3. Based on this news cast is he justified in doing so?
4.How might a news broadcast impact a population more than a newspaper article?
1. What does Lyndon B. Johnson explain is happening in Vietnam?
2. How might have you reacted to this footage if you are watching it in your living room at home?
3. Is this source biased?
4. In your life time the U.S. has fought in other wars oversees. How is this footage different than what you have witnessed on the news today?