Call to Prayer

At 5:24 AM this past Sunday morning, I was woken up by sunrise call to prayer from the small one minaret mosque right next door to the Presbyterian Guest House. As the sound came through the paper thin walls, it reminded me of the similar experience my firstnight in Turkey, when I was woken up at 4:30 AM by the Blue Mosque right outside our hotel window. I remembered how it was these prayer calls 5x a day that gives order and structure to the Muslim person’s day. In fact, I got a sense of it yesterday (Wednesday) morning, when my mind woke up promptly around 5:15 AM anticipating the call to prayer from the mosque. You can imagine, that if you heard it and woke up to it everyday, it would simply become habit and a regular part of your routine. Anyways, as I listed to the five-minute call to prayer, I felt called to pray myself for Kenya and especially Kenyan Muslims: “God, I pray for the Muslims in Kenya. They know about a prophet named Jesus. Would you reveal to them the deity of your son and the saving work He did for them on the cross. For Muslims, Jews, non-religious, native religion, hindu and even Christians who were awoken physically to the call to prayer, would you awaken them spiritually with your call to life, the cross and your son. May the Kenyan people know your Truth and would you use us as your vessels the next two weeks to carry good news to those here who need to hear it. In jesus’ name I pray, Amen.” Then, I returned to sleep.

This entry was posted in Kenya Medical Missions, Personal Journal. Bookmark the permalink.