The Office of the Vice Provost for Research is proud to announce the release of the 2014 issue of Research magazine! This year’s magazine brings you stories about some of the great research and scholarly activity undertaken by Baylor faculty and students and their collaborative partners outside the university.
In this year’s magazine, you can read about:
- A Baylor environmental scientist and the university’s artist in residence, both of whom draw inspiration from geologic formations to enhance our understanding of the world around us;
- Two Baylor chemists performing leading cancer research while providing opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to gain real-world laboratory experience;
- The dean of Baylor’s Honors College, who takes a philosophical approach to popular culture and encourages students to think more deeply about the media they consume;
- Faculty in Baylor’s Louise Herrington School of Nursing, who improve the practice of patient care through their research and teaching;
- The Green Scholars Initiative, which provides Baylor faculty and students with unprecedented opportunities to examine ancient texts first-hand;
- Baylor’s culture of mentorship that helps prepare the way for future scholars, artists and professionals;
- Partnerships between Baylor and other, nearby research institutions, which open the door for faculty and students to make world-changing biomedical discoveries; and
- A partnership that allowed Baylor students to team with industry leaders to improve a product that protects our most precious natural resource.