If you liked X. . . (Netflix Recommendations)

So, ever since the rise of Netflix’s streaming service I have often thought that it has the potential to serve as a useful auxiliary tool in a university environment. As a professor I could see myself assigning a Netflix subscription in a similar manner as a book…

But I digress. The point of this post is that I feel there are a lot of great movies/episodes that are relevant to our discussions available on Netflix. I know several people have access, so I thought perhaps we can share items here on the blog we feel are appropriate to the topic at hand as we work through the semester.

For example, for Provenance, I have:

Link

Inspector Lewis: Series 2, Episode 1 – And the Moonbeams Kiss the Sea

Detective fiction set in Oxford – this one happens to deal with the art world and forgery, imagine that!

Anyone else have relevant favorites on the streaming list they would like to share? I wanted to include The Sting as well for the con-man angle, but they recently removed that one :/

This entry was posted in Class Discussions, Fakes and Forgeries/Provenance, Netflix and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to If you liked X. . . (Netflix Recommendations)

1. Sarah says:

Inspector Lewis is certainly a quality series, in my opinion. I need to re-watch that episode! I love the intellectual/academic nuances of the stories. And the Ashmolean appears in a couple, I believe.

I will surely be on the lookout for recommendations in the “museum genre”, so to speak. One that comes to mind is “Sherlock” (the modern-day retelling) episode 1.3 “The Great Game”. It deals with forgeries a bit. It is on Netflix Instant.

Museum crimes are compelling and woven into our culture more than we notice, I think!