Casting for Provenance

I only have three so far… Myatt, Drewe and Booth. Casting for this in my head is annoying because I want people who have the chops to create the roles and have the basic appearances.

For Drewe I want Stellan Skarsgard. The man proved he can play a cunning killer in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, plus he has the appearance to lend some gravitas to the role that makes people want to think he is wealthier and higher born than he may be. He can play upper crust both physically and mentally.

For Myatt I want someone like Edward Norton or Thomas Kretschmann, someone not physically imposing, but able to create a large personality and aura around himself. I do think they need to age up both these actors though. They are still too young for what I envision Myatt being at the time.

For Booth I am thinking Robin Wright Penn. The woman can literally take on any role and perform it flawlessly.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Casting for Provenance

1. Michael R. says:

Personally I think Donald Pleasence would have done a decent job as John Drewe. Should the class only assume current actors and actresses, or any cinematic figures regardless of their mortal status?

2. Lauren Perez says:

I am game for either. I am not sure what she though though… I would think it was ok, since this is for fun, to cast a deceased actor. There are so many more options now.

3. steven says:

If we are free to pick from Hollywood’s history, I would have to cast Joseph Cotton as Drewe. If anyone has seen Shadow of a Doubt, the suave-yet-dangerous manner he exudes in that film just fits.

Myatt I have John Malkovich or Richard Dreyfuss, but I am not really happy with either.

• elizabethe says:

Ooh, Joseph Cotten would have been perfect for Drewe! But if we’re talking modern day, I would think Edward Norton or John Cusack for Myatt. Maybe Liam Neeson for Drewe? I believe he can do charming with a hint of menace well. Or maybe Alan Rickman. Hmm…hard to say, but I like a lot of the suggestions I’ve read!

4. Amy Stell says:

Howdy,

I have the best cast, if I do say so myself 🙂

Ralph Fiennes would be cast as Drewe because the man has the ability to play a charming, seductive, evil character that you can’t help but be drawn to. I was thinking the hansom jerk from “The Dutchess,” not the Dark Lord!

Sean Penn would be cast as Myatt because he is an amazing actor who can adapt to any character. Plus, he seems to be the type of character who could get lost in all of Drewe’s condured up lies.

I’m still debating the female characters. They’re proving to be a bit difficult!

• Lara says:

I just really like that we are having this conversation! I think it has a lot to say about us…our generation is so visual…and immediately I am drawn to imagining how something would look on film. For my own visualization, I would choose something more along the lines of a1940s film noir inspired aesthetic. This story has been presented to us (with all that brings along with it) with a clear villain, “good guy,” etc. The classic who dunnit if you will. I would cast Cate Blanchett as the long-suffering wife, but make her brunette. For Myatt and Drewe…I would say perhaps Colin Firth for Myatt and that guy who played “Mr Collins” in the new Pride and Prejudice. I don’t know his name, but he’s in a billion British movies. I think he could pull of a sleaze who can be classy quite well. …