Leadership Philosophy

Over the course of the semester I have been trying to develop my leadership philosophy. I started out not even knowing what could possibly be my philosophy and I still don’t fully understand it. I came up with “To care for anyone and everyone to the best of my ability” which I thought was solid but I put some more work into it. My newly developed philosophy is “To teach to people around me to care for others, and how to care for themselves as well.” As an Athletic Trainer your job is to care for people but at the same time you have to teach the athlete to care for themselves. I don’t want to just care for people in a medical way but in a caring, loving way as well. My philosophy hasn’t changed I just worked on the worded and the depth of its meaning.

philosophy

I made this collage to correlate with my  leadership philosophy by showing different times I was helping people as an Athletic Trainer, but I also wanted to show different ways I care for people. I have a picture of my patient from community service  at the hospice center, taking care of my baby cousin, and donating blood. All of these fit under my philosophy “To teach people around me to care for others, and how to care for themselves as well.” I can teach others around me by taking care of others and just showing them the compassion and love they deserve. There are so many ways to help others, and teach them your ways. Even the simplest things make a difference.