Public Relations: November 11, 2013

If I were to start a company I would have to do something I love. And there is not many things in the world that I love more than fish tacos. So I would move to San Diego and open my very own fish taco restaurant on the boardwalk. Because I already know fish tacos are a big deal in California, in order to be successful all I need to know is what are the preferences of what my customers want on their tacos. If I were to get a lot of variety of preferences from my customers it would help me to build a solid menu of different options to meet my customers desires.

My company would issue a press release about opening day in order to get the word out about my amazing tacos! I would send this to local newspapers and radio stations to reach all different types of audiences. I chose newspapers because generally more parents read those while more adolescents listen to the radio. Therefore I am reaching a large amount of people.

My company would definitely use the internet to get the word out about all of the discounts and other marketing opportunities we have. I think it is important in this day and age to be connected to social media with how often it is used by consumers. Social media is a free and easy way to let my customers know about promotions and share their love of my tacos with their friends. My company would have a Facebook and Twitter.

My company would hold many events throughout the year to help the community. I think it not only good to give back to the community but it also looks good for your business. One event we would have is semi-annually would be if the customers bought 5 tacos 50% of the revenue would go back directly to the community. And then once you buy the tacos you get to help decide what the money will go to whether it is to buy books for the local libraries or sports equipment for the schools. By having an event like this, it will get the attention of people in the community that we care about them and if they support us we will give back and support them.

I think it would help my business if any nationally or a California renowned food magazine wrote about my tacos. Also, it would be really cool if my restaurant could be on the  Food Network show “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.” I think in order to make this happen I would need to email and call the editors and create a relationship with them in order from them to feature my restaurant in their magazines. Also, I would use newspapers as well. I think I can begin to build a relationship with the newspaper by choosing their newspaper to have my coupons in it. Then when I approach the editor to do a story on my taco shack they will be more open to it.

One other way we would use public relations is their networking opportunities. If there was any way we could sponsor something or someone in the community in a positive way we would. One thing we could do is sponsor a little league baseball team and in return they could have the name of my restaurant on their jerseys. We could also network with other local restaurants in the same area that we don’t compete with and offer promotions for their goods in our restaurant and we could do the same for them. These would allow us to have free advertising that would reach different markets.