Grammar Rant 9/23/13

I do not like grammar because of all the rules that come along with it.  I do respect it and know it is necessary but it is very tedious.  I do enjoy writing especially the blogs that we are assigned because it gives me time out of my day to sit down and think while I express myself through words.  It is relaxing and I kind of look forward to it.  The most difficult thing part of grammar for me is the punctuation.  I am no genius at any of the other parts but punctuation seems to definitely be my weakest link.  This again has to do with all of the rules that you have to apply while writing.  I know some of the basics of punctuation but there are some that I just really do not understand why.  One of my biggest problems is that I don’t feel like I should have to worry about rules when writing it should just come natural.  I think I would definitely grasp the concepts better if I read more books or newspapers.  I am a visual learner so seeing examples like that would really help me understand when to apply the proper punctuation.  My pet peeves about grammar are when I read mistakes others make because they do not know the proper word usage.  They will use their instead of there or were instead of where.  Those are definitely things that anyone our age should know by now.  Hopefully by the end of this semester I will have grasped the concepts a little bit better.