Ring By Spring

By Ashley Woo

Pic2

This past week, I received my Baylor University class ring. To be honest, I had been pretty hesitant about ordering one ever since I was a junior; I just didn’t think that many people got rings and didn’t really think it was that important. In addition, I thought of the traditional bulky class ring that my dad had, and I did not think that that huge ring would look good on my small fingers. However, I was definitely wrong. I soon realized that getting a ring was definitely a very worthwhile investment.

The first thing that I was wrong about was the lack of importance of getting a class ring. As I quickly came to realize that post-college this special piece of jewelry serves a symbol of where you come from. I think it is so cool that Aggie alumni wearing their rings with such pride. In fact, it’s rare to see an Aggie not wear his or her ring. The ring is a symbol of pride for your school, and being a Baylor fanatic – this had me sold.

Pic1

The next thing to do was create my ring. There are actually many different companies that are licensed to make rings for with the Baylor seal. I fell in love with San Jose Jewelers. They are a local company that is known for making class rings that give a modern twist to the traditional rings. They are easy to work with and go the extra mile to make sure you love your ring. The best part is, within a couple weeks, you get your ring!

I am so pleased with the way that my ring turned out, and so thankful that I made the decision to get a ring. Though I got it my last semester in college and will only get to wear it for a short time as a Baylor student, I can assure you that this ring won’t be coming off for a long time!

One thought on “Ring By Spring