Interning for Crop-Paper-Scissors

By Avery Jackson

I need to brag for a minute; I just landed an internship that almost EVERY girl in my Advanced Public Relations class seemed to want. I am now the official intern for Crop-Paper-Scissors, a local craft store that specializes in paper products including scrapbooking, invitations and stationary. A few girls had already interviewed when I came into the store, and a bunch more had emailed and called. She hired me after a two-hour interview. I didn’t think I could get ANY more excited until I realized I would get to do crafts as part of my job description! I like to think of myself as a creative/crafty person, so this job couldn’t have been better.

So far I have been put in charge of the store’s blog, Facebook, Twitter, parts of the online store, and soon-to-be Pinterest account. I also did the décor for Valentine’s Day in the store’s windows! Soon, I will be helping manage the online store, designing invitations and other fun stuff!

Doing an internship and 18 hours of school work is challenging, but I am really loving what I’m doing! These photos show how I laid out the stores merchandise as well as some of the paper things I made for frames and decoration!

I am loving life (Even if it starts at six a.m. and doesn’t end till three or four hours before).

IMG_0010IMG_0021