My Baylor Journey

By TJ Partida

So, I only have a couple of days left before I walk the stage at the Ferrell Center when I will receive my diploma from our incredible president and chancellor, Judge Ken Starr. I’ve been fortunate enough to get hired with my housing complex next spring, so I can take some time to breathe and get myself ready for the real world after graduation. Since this blog post will be my last with Baylor Admissions, it’s time to reflect on a few memories. It’s a long one, so bear with me!

I’ll start by saying that one of the best memories I’ve ever had as a student was when we became Big XII Football Champs at our last game in Floyd Casey Stadium! I definitely cried because it was my senior game, and I got to run the Line one last time as we shut down the “Case.”

That’s me on the far left cheering with some of my best friends at the last Homecoming game in Floyd Casey Stadium.

Speaking of which, my first favorite memory of my time here was Line Camp. I still keep in touch with the friends I made that week, and I took that experience with me to the following summer when I served as a Line Camp leader. No matter if you make 20 friends or just one, you’ll definitely have an incredible time learning about our university and its rich tradition.

Here’s a picture of one of my Line Camp groups when I was a leader. My jersey has the 13!

Now, Greek Life at Baylor played a huge role in my college experience here at Baylor. I won’t expand too much on my involvement because you can just read about it here, but I will say that it was an incredible way to view Baylor in a different light. The Greek community is so diverse and an excellent representation of Baylor’s best students. I don’t think going Greek is the only way to enjoy college, but it’s truly is a helpful supplement to your experience.

This is a quick snapshot of me and some of my fraternity brothers at a water crush.

Serving Baylor as a Yell Leader with Spirit Squads was really what provided me with a ton of memories I can carry on after I graduate. As a Yell Leader I was able to cheer on the sidelines for four of our sports teams, make appearances throughout the Baylor and Waco communities and represent the university in more ways than one with my some of my best friends.

There I am in the middle, cheering at my last game in Dallas at the Big XII Women’s Basketball championship game!

And more recently, working for Campus Visits, serving on the Student Recruitment committee with Student Foundation and blogging for Admissions are all experiences that have helped me reflect on my time at Baylor like I’m doing right now. Sharing my experiences with you and other prospective students helps me appreciate my undergraduate experience even more. I’ve come to believe integrity is a leader’s most important attribute. I’ve learned skills I can take to the real world both in Journalism and simply for the work force.

Here I am volunteering at a football game with Student Foundation.

So, by now you’re either exhausted from reading my post or you’re even more excited to get here. Regardless, I hope you make the most of your time in college. Honestly, I hope these aren’t the best years of your life. I do hope they’re the best years to get you ready for the rest of your life. Thanks so much for reading my posts and if you want to stay in touch, add me on social media. You can find my information on my website. I wish you the best on your decision. Sic ‘Em Bears!!!