Memories that Last

By Aaqila Rasheed

My final semester here at Baylor University is slowly winding down. I cannot believe that these past four and a half years flew by so quickly. I tend to have these random nostalgic moments when I think about some good times at Baylor. I ponder over the friends that I have made or awkward situations that life brings. One in particular memory stems from junior year, and I’ll never forget it.

In Texas, it can get cold. I know this sounds crazy, but we do have a winter. Sometimes, it even snows. When this happens, the dean will occasionally let us have a snow day even though most states endure more inches of snow than Texas ever can. With this perk of living in the south, Baylor makes for a great place to have snow fights. Other states might call these “ice fights,” but hey, you have to make do with what you have.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a Friday early afternoon when I got the email that the remainder of classes had been cancelled. Luckily for me, all of my classes were in the afternoon, so I took full advantage of this free day. After seeing the email, a massive amount of text messages invaded my phone, telling me where to meet for an epic snow fight. I grabbed my gloves, scarf and jacket and made my way to the vacant patch of grass right across from Collins dormitory. Needless to say, we had a ton of child-like fun as we made snowballs and tried not to slip and fall.

These are the moments that I will miss as the season of college ends for me; however, I am very grateful for pictures and videos that will always serve as a reminder of the wonderful moments that I had with my friends in Bear Country.