New Lenses (by Gerald Cofer)

Baylor has not only influenced me mentally, but spiritually as well. Last semester was a great semester at Baylor, full of encouraging friends and great teachers, but the thing that really impacted my life was the spiritual aspect of Baylor. Baylor is rooted and grounded in the gospel of Jesus Christ and strives to empower the student body with something more than just owning a business or becoming the best heart surgeon after graduating, but Baylor empowers you with something that will last far longer, and ultimately a lifetime as careers and trades fade away. After returning back to campus from Christmas break, I reflected back on last semester and saw that every step of the way I was experiencing growth and many areas of my life that has shaped me into the person I am now. Baylor broke down many walls, expanded my education, and placed a hunger inside of me for a deeper meaning of life. Baylor is a great school to find yourself, and your place in life, because of the constant exposure of God through chapel, missions, and the teachers and students that create the atmosphere.