1. Modern Propaganda:
- Bring a source of wartime propaganda depicting the war in the Middle East (Make sure the piece you choose is post-9/11).
- Explain what the piece of propaganda is attempting to persuade its viewer to think.
- How does the propaganda portray Americans? How does the propaganda portray someone from the Middle East? Are the depictions accurate?
- Would you change anything about the piece of propaganda? Explain.
2. Modern Women in the Workforce
- Find current statistics for women in the workforce, especially comparing salaries for men and women. (Resources)
- Has the amount of women in the workforce changed since 1944? Why or why not?
- Are salaries equal for men and women in similar jobs? Why do you think this is?
- Do you think the need for women in the workforce during World War II improved the ability for women to choose their careers in the future? Why or why not?