Each month, we post a processing update to notify our readers about the latest collections that have finding aids online and are primed for research. This is our one-year anniversary of telling you what’s Research Ready, so we added things up. We’ve announced nearly 90 finding aids completed between May 2012-May 2013. Wow—that’s a lot of research just waiting to happen! We look forward to sharing many more research opportunities with you. Here’s the scoop for May 2013:
- [Waco] Branch Davidians: FBI Letters and Negotiation Transcripts Collection.
Inclusive: 1993: Copies of letters written to the FBI during and after the Branch Davidian siege, as well as transcripts of negotiations between the Branch Davidians and the FBI.
- BU Records: Fulmer (Katherine Lucylle Cope). 1939-1941, undated: Fulmer’s scrapbook on student life at Baylor University, 1939-1941.
- Grace Rosanky Putnam Jones Papers, 1934-2009, undated: Correspondence, literary productions, scrapbooks, photographs, and other materials related to Jones’ experiences as a World War II WASP pilot, New York fashion model, and owner of a dress shop.
- Nick Pocock papers, 1971-1983, undated: Correspondence, photographs, and a newspaper clipping pertaining to Nick Pocock, a former aviation correspondent for The Waco Citizen and a former professor at Texas State Technical College.
- R. H. Smith Papers. 1836, 1839: Three letters, one of which has a typed transcription. Several incidents described in the letters relate to the Texas Revolution.
- Wichita Falls Symphony Records, circa 1962-1966: Correspondence, minutes, and bylaws about the Wichita Falls Symphony Orchestra.