Peer Review Feedback

Developing this blog has been a beneficial process that has allowed to fully notice how I have evolved throughout the year. Many factors have shifted ideas and concepts in my head, to make me the person I am today. My peer reviewer noted how my original reflection was quite different when compared to my most recent reflection. They said that I seemed to be more confident in stating what I thought leadership is, and was more able to describe the reasoning behind my answer. I would agree with them when saying I have more confidence in defining leadership. This is due to my broader understanding of the subject of leadership and how it works. Through my broader understanding also came with a new opinion on leadership. Before, I thought that leadership was an abstract idea that really could not be studied or defined. However, with the time I spent reading through the book and taking time to fully question the role of leadership in my life, I soon realized that it was a very important concept. Although I have never been in any major leadership role, it is still important to understand what makes a great leader so that one can distinguish whether they are being led properly. A follower is just as expected to understand leadership as an actual leader. Without the role of a follower, a leader would then be unnecessary. Secondly, my peer reviewer said that I should broaden my knowledge of leadership even more. She noted that I seem to be “stuck” on certain aspects of leadership and placing a lot of value in certain concepts and not others. I have found this to also be true while re-reading my work. To gain an even more comprehensive understanding of leadership I should find worth and value in all the theories. Each theory has a special take on leadership that I could possibly learn from if I spent more time reviewing the section. Broadening my view of leadership should be one of the next steps that I should take when furthering my knowledge of leadership. All in all, I found this peer review very helpful and successful in the continuation of my blog. It made me question things that otherwise would have never even crossed my mind. I would have never noticed my increase in confidence without being told. By making this realization I now feel more inclined to work more to further my confidence in this subject and make even more changes. The same can be said for my lack of variety in my leadership concepts mentioned in reflection. I felt as though I was taking all the information that was being presented to me and pulling out what I thought was important. However, I was definitely ignoring some major theories of leadership that have the potential to shift and alter my entire perspective of leadership. I am very grateful for my understanding of leadership thus far and cannot wait to see how it will shift in the future.