Black Gospel Music Restoration Project

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time and effort to track us down. If you’ve got questions about this project, or if you think you might have black gospel 78s, LPs, 45s, or cassettes to loan or donate, I’d love to hear from you. BTW, if it is something you can use, we will happily cover all of your mailing, handling and insurance expenses!

Please e-mail me at Robert_Darden@baylor.edu.

3 thoughts on “Black Gospel Music Restoration Project”

1. I’m listening to your NPR interview (KUNC 91.5fm 7:30pm Denver time). I’ve been restoring vinyl recordings for some years now. Mostly I’ve worked with L.P.s, I have no capability for 78rpm records at this time. Feel free to email me, we could discuss the recording and restoration process.

I recently digitized a copy of Spiritual Concept, Philidelphia International Records 1973. Out of the ordinary for you I’m sure but, quite good and very rare. I could mail a copy to you if you’d like.

Am I your first post?

2. Professor Darden,
    My name is Wyketia Washington (Radio Announcer: Sis. Candle Lite), I hosted The Gospel Morning Show on KTLV-1220AM (Midwest City, OK) and have recently launched my own global radio station \KCLRGospel.\ I created a special segement \Gospel Rootz\ broadcasting on Friday’s 9:30a-10:30a (CST).

I have outlined 2011 broadcast with your book \People Get Ready,\ and would love to know more about your Black Gospel Music Project and to have you as my mentor.

Please respond at your convenience but soon as possible 🙂

God Bless