Q&A with Dr. Cann

Want to know about Dr. Cann but can’t make it to BIC Café? No worries! Here is a short Q&A with Dr. Cann that will help you get to know her better.

1) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning (after coffee) person

2) What is your favorite food?
Anything Asian– Thai, Indian, and Japanese are the top three

3) What is/was your favorite teaching moment?
Honestly, my favorite teaching moments have been with my daughter– watching her grow as a person and seeing her develop character and compassion for the world. My favorite moments with my students have been watching them develop into people I am proud of and who have taught me to be a better person.

4) What are some of your hobbies?
Yoga, reading, traveling, and finding little hole-in-the-wall local places

5) What type of music do you listen to?
The Weepies, World music, and Hawaiian music

6) If you hadn’t become a professor, what would you be doing now?
My church in Hawaii wanted to send me to seminary to become a priest, so I would probably be working for the church. I have wanted to work in some capacity with religion since I was a kid so I became a Religion professor.

7) Would you rather have an all-you-can-read library (with every book ever written in it) or an all-you-can-eat buffet with all of your favorite foods?
I’d take the food! There’s not much vegetarian food in Waco, and I would love to have the night off from cooking. Plus I already have too many books and don’t know where I could put any more.

Maia & Candi 2014 (2)