Dusk

Dusk, when it isn’t dark and it isn’t light is a confusing time of day for me.  I don’t know if I am sad that the day is ending or happy that night is falling.  That is how I feel about the end of a semester.  This semester, thoughts of twilight time bring me to thinking about end of our blogging.  My real purpose was to get you to think about your teaching in a different context by making connections to past, present, and future experiences.  Also it helped me to know you better and to realize your deep passion for teaching.  How did blogging impact you this semester?  Was it a night or day experience?

7 thoughts on “Dusk

1. I enjoyed blogging because it helped me to think about my teaching experiences this semester. I find myself getting wrapped up in the crazy, busy parts of the semester, but this time allows me to have time to actually sit down and think about teaching. I enjoyed reading other’s responses to the questions as well. That helped me to sometimes think about other things beyond what I thought of. After hearing about other’s experiences, I would try to use their ideas or similar ideas in my teaching. I would view this blogging experience as a day experience because it brightened my thinking in a way. I would not view it as a night experience because when I think of nighttime, I think of sleeping and not wanting to do anything. However during the day time, I enjoy moving around and getting a lot done. It is when I spend the most time thinking. I would definitely describe this as a day time experience because it was eye opening and thought provoking.

2. This semester has been one of true enjoyment for me. As I reflect on the experiences I have encountered through teaching, I am truly happy for the opportunities I have been given. I have enjoyed this blogging experience, getting to read everyone else’s stories has been a great experience for me. It is always great to see different opinions and reflect on other people’s insights. I believe it has been a great tool for me this semester!

3. This semester has probably been one of the best that I have had at Baylor so far for teaching. Being able to blog has allowed me to learn from others about their experiences. I was able to reflect on what they had to say and possibly use some of their insights in my teaching to make me a better teacher. But as the semester draws to a close I feel like with teaching it was both a night and day kind of feeling. It is sad that our “days” of teaching have come to a close and for the most part we probably will not see the students we worked with this semester again; but it is also a “night” experience because as we close this semester I know that I am one step closer to becoming a better teacher and even though I have to leave the students that I worked with this semester, I know that in the near future I will have more students to work with that I can hopefully have a positive impact on. And being able to blog has allowed me to reflect on my own experiences teaching, this tool has been beneficial to me this semester.

4. I hope that you will continue to include me in your blog next year (if you continue it next year). I love helping others grow as teachers!!!!! 🙂

5. I enjoyed my blogging experience this semester. I didn’t know what to expect when I first started because I have never blogged before. This site has allowed me to grow as a teacher candidate. I have enjoyed reading others’ posts and I have enjoyed answering the questions on this site. Some of the posts were challenging to answer and I liked how it allowed me to think outside of the box, which is sometimes hard to do. I believe that this blog was a day experience for me. It was a new experience that gave me more learning opportunities and more chances to respond.

6. I’ve never blogged before so this definitely was a great experience for me. It allowed me to express my opinion and also see feedback from my peers and their point of view on certain issues. This semester was great and also an eye opener for me. I enjoyed working with kindergartens, but when I reflect back on 4th grade last semester I realized I enjoyed that even more. I’m glad that I got the privilege to blog about my opinion and experience. The last day at Hillcrest was a night and day experience for me. When my students gave me hug and told me that they didn’t want me to leave it really touched me. Knowing that I can make an impact in a child’s life is the reason that I picked this profession. This whole experience was a blessing.

7. I really enjoyed blogging this semester because it gave me the opportunity to discuss issues and give me idea’s for the classroom. I think blogging really helped me grow this semester as a teacher. I loved working with kinder and at the beginning I was a little apprehensive because when I think of kinder I think of a bunch of little kids running around and not behaving. They proved me wrong. They were well behaved overall and they soaked up the information like a sponge. My students grew tremendously and learned so much. It was such a great feeling to know I made a difference in my students lives. Blogging helped me share my thoughts and opinions and hear what my classmates felt as well. This was a good learning experience.