I believe in the growth that comes only from change. Changes no matter how big or small bring a growth and adaptation to life. These keep life fresh and exciting. Without change, life would be boring and repetitive. Many people are scared to experience new things and undergo changes, but I believe in the greatness and growth of accepting change and seeking it.

The hardest times for me growing up were the times we moved towns; the six times we moved towns. I was terrified to make new friends, leave the old behind, and learn all about a new place. However, spending the last five years in one town, I realized how much I actually longed for the change. As I examine the development of my life, each move and town had its part in shaping me. Each town held: new people who mentored and shared their lives with me, a landscape to explore and learn about, and new experiences to teach me lessons and grow my relationships. Without these moves, I would not have the same outlook on life.

Baylor has been the biggest change in my life. For the first time: I do not live in the same state as my family, I have a roommate (who isn’t my sister), I eat all my meals in the dining hall, time management is my own responsibility, and school is a lot of work! All of these changes can often be overwhelming. I long for some things to be as they always have been. However, I have grown in every aspect of my life so much quicker than I would anywhere else. Without experiencing the extreme changes, I do not think I would see extreme growth.

I hope to keep this belief at the forefront of my thoughts. To remember that while it may be hard, it is worth it. I do not want to fear change, but to seek it out. Change has played a major part in my life so far; I want it to impact my future as well. I belief in the growth that comes only from change.