Lance Kay
26 Oct 2013

Dallas Morning News Oct 26

Author: lancekay | Filed under: 3372

This week the news outlet I am evaluating is the Dallas Morning News. Being from Dallas I am very used to seeing and very occasionally reading this paper. My parents, on the other hand, read this paper every day and talk about things they read in it. From listening to their conversations I feel like I could be an expert on a lot of issues they talk about in this paper. The date of the paper I evaluated was October 26, 2013.

When I got to the Dallas Morning News website I found, just like every other news outlet we have evaluated, the website was set up the same way. It had the top story on the first page and a bunch of other stories that are important as well. At the top you can go up and select a category on the topic you want to read about. The types of topics I saw were news, opinion, business and a bunch of other news related topics.

The top story on the website was about a girl that has a hard time believing that good things last due to the abuse she experienced when she was little. To cope with this depressed feeling she has, the girl in the article turns to food to make her feel better. The article says that when food is not around she gets nervous and always has a pack of poptarts in her drawer next to her bed. Another story I looked at on this website was about Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux being interested in the head coaching job with the Detroit Tigers. The final story I looked at was about Jerry Jones saying in an interview he was more nervous about Reggie Bush playing the Cowboys this sunday then mega-star Calvin Johnson on the Lions.

The audience for this paper is for anybody 18 and up in the Dallas area even though most people that read this paper are in the work force. This media outlet appealed to me just as much as any other big cities media outlet could due to the fact that I don’t particularly like reading the paper.