End of Core 2

Well, here I am. Just over a year ago, I was preparing to move out here for the summer Business Foundations semester. Now, I’m filling out paperwork for my internship at Providence Health Network, where I’ll be stationed until December in the Process Improvement Department.

Core 2 had a couple of rough patches where things were one after another, but all-in-all it was a great experience. I went to a conference in Chicago, talked a lot of strategy, found a new group of friends through D&D, and started a new workout. Honestly, the workout was probably the hardest, because I got sick during the first week and had to skip class. My legs were so sore that it was painful to walk to get tissues for my stuffy nose. Oh! But I did find a nice weight rack with pairs from 5-25lbs for 150$ online. So that’s pretty cool.

All and all, I know much more about business than I did this time last year. Honestly, this time last year, I didn’t know anything about business. My most common question when I meet people through the program is, “What does your day-to-day look like?” I’m anxious to find this out. While I understand how finance works, what strategy and marketing are like, etc., I still wonder what the actual 8-5p+ grind is going to look like; I’m glad I’ll have 7 months of experience on my resume come Core 3. It should lead to some more rich discussions and a lot of the class being snooty from all our business experience ,’:) I am also happy to get paid! I need to buy some more professional clothes tho…

It looks like Waco is going to be my home for a little while, and I actually do not mind that. I like my coffee shops, Kings Landing Games, I know the area, and me and the Sammy take trips to Austin when we want to go to Dave & Buster’s. Waco’s a nice place. I still would like to get back to my fam in Nashville one day, and maybe explore the northeast a bit more, but Waco is my home until then. Plus I do not have to move and my rent is low 🙂