Week 5 Blog

1.) Themes of the Strength Finer

A.) My top 5 strengths are futuristic, focus, restorative, adaptability, and includer.

B.) I. My futuristic strength allows me to set long term goals and visualize the outcome.

II. My focus strength allows me to stay determined on the path of my goals. I am able to lead my group and myself to the end result despite any obstacles.

III. My restorative strength goes hand in hand with focus. With any problems that arise and disrupt the path to the goal, I am able to find solutions and continue to pursue the goal.

IV. The adaptability strength supplements the restorative strength as they both require problem solving and solutions to obstacles in the way of the desired outcome.

V. Finally, the includer strength aids in the process of allowing everyone to participate and throw in ideas to make the goal easier to reach with collaboration.

2.) Understanding Strengths.

A.) On the futuristic strength, the phrase “energize others with their visions of the future,” stands out to me as the end goal is painted in the minds of both the leader as well as the followers.

B.) Of my 5 top strengths, I would like for other people to see my includer strength. I want everyone to feel welcomed and respected no matter who they are.

C.) My restorative and adaptability strength compliment each other very well. With focus allowing me to set a goal, these two strengths allow the goal to be pursued with any obstacles being defeated.

3.) Understanding Others

A.) In most instances, I feel in the place of integration/validation.

B.) I. Integration/validation would be good for deciding the positions of a team among all of the people.

II. A sports team may need to take a risk in order to win the game.

III. Questioning/Self-exploration can be utilized within the group to connect deeper with the members of the group.

IV. Dualistic awareness can be used most of the time as it consists of many strengths in various situations.

V. In my opinion, unawareness will never be effective within leadership.

C.) The journey is never easy. With many experiences and outside influences, the integration stage is slowly met with further development of leadership and skills.

D.) Taking a leadership class allowed me to comprehend the skills and traits associated with leadership. Although an extra class, the class provides long lasting life advice. However, a few other negative bumps consist of others disliking my position of leadership

E.) I feel being in the dualistic stage is a good spot to be in. It consists of an average make up of different skills and traits and overall can be utilized in most situations. I would not want to transition to another stage.

F.) Unawareness is never effective. However, at times the leader may be unaware of the needs of the followers and the main objective at and.

4.) Put It To Work

A.) A new peer group of freshman at college.

B.) The different issues could consist of nervousness, not wanting to communicate yet, homesick, etc. thus making the group ineffective.

C.) If I were trying to make a friend, I would be at the questioning stage in order to obtain information and figure out if I want to associate with him or her. However, the other could be at a different stage such as unaware and could care less about the situation at hand.

D.) Different others require different stages and/or are in a different stage themselves. Making friends has different requirements than leading a sports team.

E.) The more diversity, the better. However, sometimes the different people will have a hard time associating with you and have their own problems and stage.

F.) Using my includer strength, I would encourage the group to talk to one another and network. Discussing how connections can benefit in the long run and you never know what the person will do great in the future.

5.) What’s your number?

A.) Jim Carrey exhibits the number 7 in most of his films. HIs basic desire consists of being happy and allowing all of his characters to be energetic and full of life.

B.)However, the basic fear involves being trapped and isolated without any expression of joy and happiness.

C.) The anticipation of what is going to happen next or what he is going to do also drives and motivated the characters.

D.) I view myself similar in the way I can be outgoing and energetic at times. I also anticipate what I am going to do next thus explaining why my futuristic strength is my strongest at number 1.