Residency Site Visit from Col. Garner

Today Col. Garner came to Lake Pointe to check in on how things are going at my residency. Part of our residency requirements is to keep a daily log of the projects we’re working on, the meetings we attend, and any other noteworthy things we spend time on. This helps Col. Garner and Col. Haines to ensure that we are all having good residency experiences with plenty of opportunities to learn! In addition to fulfilling this requirement, we are all assigned to either Col. Haines or Col. Garner for a visit several months in to our residencies and then at the end. Now that I am a few months into my residency, it was time for Col. Garner’s first visit!

Col. Garner first checked in with my Preceptor, Brett Lee, to talk about how I am doing at my residency and about what I am spending time doing. After spending some time visiting with him, Col. Garner then checked in with me. We talked about what I have been working on, if I have any concerns related to my residency, and how I seem to be performing and ways I can improve going forward.

It was great to have the opportunity to talk about my residency in person. I am incredibly thankful for how much support we having through Baylor. I know that if I ever have any concerns or questions, that I can email Col. Garner to discuss. Having started my residency with only a little bit of an idea of what to expect, having a support group of classmates and faculty from Baylor has been very helpful. I know that even after my residency is over and I graduate next May that they will all continue to be a great resource throughout my career as well!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.