Rotations

Now that I’m in my second week, my rotation schedule has been begun. I will be spending about a week with each department and am starting with the Nursing Operations Director.

On Monday the Director introduced me to the House Supervisor who was working that afternoon. I spent the rest of the day shadowing her and gaining an understanding of her job and her role for helping to care for patients. The Director also told me about some key meetings she would be attending during the week and that I would be coming to.

I’ve always had an immense respect for nurses and after shadowing the House Supervisor my respect has grown! The role of the House Supervisor is, in part, to help get patients to their rooms, help make sure the hospital is properly staffed to care for patients, and more! Monday was a very busy day and it was impressive to see just how much nurses are responsible for. They are a key part of a functioning hospital and I’m looking forward to learning and experiencing even more of their responsibilities as the week continues!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.