The Completion of 2 Core Classes…

The Completion of 2 Core Classes…

As I write this blog, I’m filled with a bittersweet set of emotions. Allow me to explain.

As a part of Baylor’s curriculum, MBA students are required to take 6 “core courses”, which are non-traditional college courses. They are a part of the central curriculum of the program, but in order to help the subject matters stay as fresh on the students’ minds as possible, these “core courses” (Accounting, Quantitative Business Analytics, Finance, Economics, Operations, and Management Information Systems) are split into 3 1-hour courses, each of which covers 5 weeks (instead of the traditional 16-week semester). These classes are a part of every semester for the MBA student.

As a 3rd semester student at Baylor, my time here is limited. I will be graduating in less than three months’ time, and it’s been a great experience overall. Yet, there’s a part of me that’s anxious to get out into the “real world” and re-start my career, and spend a little less time studying.

So as I’ve reached the end of the 5th week of my studies this semester, I feel a bit saddened, because I know that I’ve completed two of these “core courses” for the last time. Conversely, I’m excited for the progress that has occurred, and the completion of two of these courses is a landmark event towards indicating progress.

Every day that goes by is one less day to spend with this great set of cohorts that Baylor has assembled. And while that is certainly saddening to say the least, it’s also true that this Baylor MBA will pave the way for future opportunities greater than I would have been able to achieve on my own.

It’s becoming more and more real every day: the reality that in a few months’ time, I will be a part of Baylor University’s Fall Class of 2012.