October 30

doc mcstuffins

In this chapter I thought about this situation that happened to my cousin at the house. My little cousin loooves watching Disney and nickelodeon, she was growing up in a bling of an eye. I was telling them that she was learning this from the shows she was watching and my parents were not believing me. We got in an argument that shows cannot dictate her life, and I was trying to tell them that growing up my life kind of revolved around mickey mouse and whatever they said to do I would do. My little cousin loves watching doc mcstuffins an in order to prove my logic I began to put the character from doc on everything I wanted her to do, and miraculously she began to do everything I wanted because I said ‘doc mcstuffins’ would do it.

In this chapter, there were many quotes that led me to this situation. On the first page, Griffin et. al. stated, “multinational corporations such as GM, AT&T, Apple, Tie Warner, Disney and Microsoft are the dominant force in society- more powerful than the church, state, or family in their ability to influence the lives of individuals” (259). Another quote on that page, Griffin et. al. uses is, “more than 90 percent of the mass media outlets—newspaper, broadcast, cable, telephone, and satellite- are owned by just a handful of corporations” (259). The last quote in the chapter that Griffin et. al. says, “Deetz says that corporations “control and colonize” modern life in ways that no government or public body since the feudal era ever thought possible,” (260).

The quotes that were used in the chapter were great support for the situation that I used in the first paragraph. The first quote supports the situation because it showed that Disney every other company has a huge influence on our life and it just supported what I was telling my parents. In the second quote it also reiterated what I was trying to tell my parents about when I was growing and now why Layla is the way she is about Doc, yes that is majority our fault for always sitting her in front of a tv when we are trying to occupy her but it also shows that Disney is taking over. Finally, the last quote also emphasizes the fact that with doc it makes sense why Layla did everything to help me when I used doc as the motive.

my mom!!

Posted October 30, 2019 by didi in category Blogs