Letterwinner Shout Outs

Have some news you want to share with other Baylor letterwinners? Email B_Association@baylor.edu to submit.

Sheila Lambert (Basketball 2001-02) was inducted into the Seattle Public Schools’ Hall of Fame. As a member of Baylor’s women’s basketball team, Lambert was the Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, a two-time All-Big 12 first-team selection and won the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award, given to the best college player under 5-foot, 8 inches. She played four seasons in the WNBA for the Charlotte Sting, Detroit Shock and Houston Comets, and she won a WNBA championship. Lambert (No. 31) is one of five Lady Bears to have their jerseys retired at Baylor.

Click here for more information.

Steve Reintjes (Baseball 1996-97) was named coordinating producer for all NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) television productions on FOX. He produces and oversees all NHRA video content created at the NHRA Wally Parks Studio. The Emmy-Award winning television producer joins NHRA from ESPN and brings more than 17 years of experience. He has produced more than 500 live events for 11 different sports, including the Indianapolis 500.

Click here for more information.

Doug McNamee (Manager 2003) was named President of Magnolia, the incredibly popular Waco-based home and lifestyle brand made famous by Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. After nineteen years with Baylor as a student and employee, McNamee has taken an opportunity to lead the executive team of the company that includes Magnolia Market at the Silos, the newly opened Magnolia Table restaurant, The Magnolia Journal, Magnolia Realty, among other ventures.

Click here for more information.

Jhasmin Player (Basketball 2006-09) posted a video to her Twitter account that went viral, describing her experience as a freshman playing for Coach Kim Mulkey. Now an assistant coach at the University of Maine, she recalls her first season at Baylor when she saw hardly any playing time and how her mother responded.

Click here for more information.

To return to the main page, click
here.

2 thoughts on “Letterwinner Shout Outs

1. As I am looking at your writing, majorsite I regret being unable to do outdoor activities due to Corona 19, and I miss my old daily life. If you also miss the daily life of those days, would you please visit my site once? My site is a site where I post about photos and daily life when I was free.