Week 15 Blog

1.) First I have selected Kenneth Crespo. I have selected Kenneth because he is my suite mate who I developed a friendship with and I am interested to learn about his journey as a person who was not living in the U.S during his childhood. I liked his as it was organized and concise as he put a lot of thought into his timeline. I am interested by how his leadership journey has been so far.
2.) The next person I chose is Anthony Rodriguez. I chose his portfolio as he quickly became one of my great friends here at Baylor. His portfolio demonstrates his heavily religious background which I have also noticed in person. He is a kind person who guides his life through God which is something I really wanna work on throughout my life.
3.) Last but not least is Gerardo Martinez. I chose Gerardo’s portfolio as he is extremely respectful and kind. He also quickly became one of my friends and his timeline portrays the journey and experiences he’s had. He discusses the class concepts well and I really like the aesthetic of his portfolio.

B.) 1. I want to start expressing my religion more heavily like Anthony. To give thanks where it is due is something that can help a leader in the long run. I can start attending church more as well as discussion with fellow church members.
2. I also want to implement more perseverance such as Kenneth. He kept pushing no matter the odds stacked against him and I believe that is a phenomenal  trait to have.
3. Finally, I also need to work on being more kind to people even when I disagree with them or find annoyance with them. Gerardo was always kind to anyone which in return earns respect of not only followers, but anyone else as well.

C.) 1. My first goal as a leader is to start investing at a young age and teaching my friends the same so we can all be financially stable as we grow up. I looked into the stock market, mutual funds, etc and wanna guide people to a potential side hustle.
2. I also want to start a training business if becoming a doctor or what not doesn’t work out. I love to exercise and lift so I want to train others as well to achieve the changes they want to make.

3. Lastly, I want to give back to my community and charities. Specifically cancer research and drug abuse rehabilitation centers for personal reasons. I believe a change starts with a great leader. Realistically, I hope to achieve all these goals, or at least one, within the next 5 to 10 years.