Process Improvement Team Leaders Meeting

This week I was invited to join Tenet’s Process Improvement Team at Home Office to talk about how Lean and Lean Daily Management is being rolled out throughout Legacy Tenet and Legacy Vanguard Hospitals. Lake Pointe rolled out LDM earlier this year, so I have gotten used to going on gemba walks and seeing how LDM has helped Lake Pointe to improve. I didn’t know much, however, about how far along other Tenet hospitals were in rolling out and utilizing LDM.

It was a great experience to be able to learn more about Tenet hospitals throughout the country and see where they were at in terms of engaging their hospitals in LDM. I also had the great surprise of seeing a familiar face! I arrived to see Stephen Garner, a Baylor Healthcare MBA Graduate from this past year. I also saw several PI Leaders from Home Office that I had met before.

The event lasted a day and a half. The first day was spent at Home Office, where the Leaders discussed how far along their hospitals are in implementing LDM and what challenges they are currently facing. The second day the attendees all came to Lake Point to see how we are utilizing Lean Daily Management to help improve hospital operations. It was very interesting to see how everyone had different ideas of what LDM should look like and that getting everyone on the same page was a bit of a struggle at times.

Overall it was a great learning experience and I am looking forward to seeing how LDM continues to be utilized in Tenet hospitals going forward.

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.