Market Meeting

The Preceptor for my residency, Brett Lee, was recently named the CEO of the Dallas Market Tenet Hospitals. With his new market position Mr. Lee will be working to bring the four hospitals in the market together. This will allow the hospitals to look for cost saving initiatives and also ways to consolidate equipment and share employees.

Since the announcement of his new role, the hospitals have been working together to act more like a market. Today I was able to attend a market meeting which brought together representatives from all of the hospitals. The meeting opened up dialogue for ways the hospitals can work together and how progress is moving on ongoing initiatives. It was great to see how excited everyone is to work together and how many great ideas everyone has to bring the market together.

At the end of the meeting, each hospital presented an abridged version of their upcoming business plans. I’ve been helping to put together the business plan for Lake Pointe recently and was interested in learning about what the other hospitals in Tenet’s Dallas Market are working on. It was a neat setting to be able to learn more about each of the hospitals in the Dallas Market that Lake Pointe will be involved more and more with in the months to come. I’m hoping to continue to learn more and also visit each of the hospitals eventually!

Overall it was a great meeting and our move towards a market should make my residency an even more exciting experience!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.