Bread maker, yogurt maker and homemade food

Within less than 2 months, we are going to graduate and leave Waco. But it is at this moment, I got a bread maker and a yogurt maker. From now on, no bread or yogurt needs to be purchased from stores.

Chinese are so big on food. We spend hours in the kitchen to prepare for a lunch or dinner that takes less than 1 hour to eat, especially in my family. Because everything starts from scratch: fresh fish from the market, green pepper from the patio garden, never frozen beef. After I moved to here, due to the limited time and materials, my requirements of food went down. Most of the food is processed, with preservative and too much sugar added. I notice the difference of my body.

So, slowly I started to go back to a cooking weekend schedule: spend almost half a day to prepare for one dinner. The smell of the soup on the stove, the sweetness from the oven and the warm feeling of a home all make me extremely happy. Born in the north part of China, I like to eat things like “mantou” or “baozi” that requires dough. However, this is the area I’m terrible at: never successfully learned how to make dough. The closed thing I can get is most likely to be bagel. As a result, when thinking about what small appliance I’ll need in the kitchen, bread maker is the first thing came up on my mind: it will not be used to make bread very often, but to make dough.

Yogurt maker is the same reason. Though I love certain brand of yogurt, the preservative and sugar inside each jar always make me eat less often. With the new yogurt maker, I’m sure I’ll consume more dairy product! Yay for more calcium and stronger bones!