This Week: Post #11

This week, I furthered my research on my group project and individual project.

Here are a few visualizations I have found from other sources which are inspiring some of my pursuits of creating a story about the successful development of AR.

These visuals were created by Colorado State Park geocaching researchers/players. These data visuals have helped show that there are similar variables as compared with Pokemon Go’s AR experience which promotes the user interactivity and success (usage/business success) of any AR situation. I will be creating better visualizations with the recent advent of access to additional data that these researchers did not have at the time. I want to visualize these factors in ways which show the ranking/prominence of certain kinds/type of data which are most effective in engaging users to use AR.

For instance, I will be using data sets from Pokemon Go and Geocaching in unison to compare, contrast, and discover which variables are universally important. These visuals are good because they show the leading conditions for a few important categories. But, they lack the usage of color and fail to combine conditions to see which variables occur naturally together. In other words, I want to create visualizations which show how certain variables interact with other variables to discover which circumstance (set of conditions) best promote usage of AR.

0 comments