Washington Post/Watergate

The media outlet for this week is The Washington Post, but there is a twist. This Washington Post is focused on the Watergate Scandal that led President Nixon to resign as President of the United States. I evaluated this media outlet on October 16, 2013. This outlet discusses the Watergate Scandal, but puts a modern version twist to it. They incorporate Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, and other social media outlets to describe the event.

The outlet looks at different subjects and different idea that have since been uncovered over the years since Watergate. Watergate was a tough time in America’s past, and this outlet tries to unravel documents and findings that are important to the audience. The top story is The Long Shadow of the ‘National Nightmare.’ Watergate turned Americans into bad, cynical people, and a race that could not be trusted. It put a bad light on a great country. The one thing it did accomplish, is showing that the American Law did work. This changed the whole dynamic of journalism, it showed people that good is out there, and that journalists can make a difference. It not only created a mistrust from other nations, but from home there was mistrust. Republican party couldn’t trust Democrats, the people couldn’t trust the Government.

https://www.facebook.com/WatergateTimeline

This story shows the timeline for the Watergate Scandal, and puts a modern twist on something from the past. It is putting a timeline and showing what other things were going on during this time. The world was so clueless into the scandal, but if it weren’t for the journalists that went above and beyond, the world would’ve never known. It is very interesting to learn about the topics in the news, when all we know from this time period is the Watergate Scandal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/watergate/part4.html

This was the story on when they revealed the Deep Throat. This was the man that Bob Woodward went for the direction on the story about Nixon. Mark Felt was the Deep Throat, and the man that helped Woodward throughout the whole investigation. It also talks about how they give Mark Felt such recognition, but there were so many more people involved with the findings of the scandal.

I think this audience appeals more to the older generation, because our generation isn’t as aware of the Watergate Scandal. We have learned about it through school, but we probably have never done research on it. It was very appealing to me, because my dad was a history major, and he loves watching the history channel and I’ve seen documentaries on it. It was very interesting to see that Facebook article to, that was pretty neat.

This entry was posted in 3372 by CJ. Bookmark the permalink.

About CJ

I am a Sophomore at Baylor University currently studying business. I plan to major in Entrepreneurial Management for the opportunity to hopefully own my own business. I am from the Natural State, the state many people call Arkansas, I lived in the capital, which is Little Rock and have nothing but great memories. Being in college would definitely be something I could consider an interest because the opportunities are limitless.