Friday-He said; she said

The story I read was “BU to honor years at The Case” by Maleesa Johnson. As Baylor’s time in Floyd Casey Stadium comes to an end, Baylor organizations are finding ways to make the last season memorable. Baylor Alumni Association and Baylor Athletics are honoring each decade of football played at Floyd Casey at each game this season.

This story uses quotes in an effective manner. There is a point stated, then reinforced by a quote, then explained in more detail. “’We came up with the idea last spring just as a way to commemorate previous players and say goodbye to The Case,’ Fertsch said. Former players are being honored on the field between the first and second quarter of the game” (Johnson). I think the quotes add to the story because they are from the people who came up with the idea and who are making it happen. It gives the readers insight about what they are doing and why.

I would not like to be quoted in a newspaper. I feel like it is too much pressure and there are negative outcomes if someone does not like what you say.