Baylor Lariat – September 20, 2013 – He Said; She Said

Today I read the Baylor Lariat online and found a great article talking about Bryce Petty’s excellent game against Wofford. “Being out there, it was very humbling,” Petty said. “Just a blessing. It wasn’t necessarily a blur, but I was just in the moment.” This quote describes the emotional impact Petty received after playing as a starting quarterback in a Baylor football game. “There were a couple times I felt rushed,” Petty said. “It wasn’t necessarily anything they did, it was more just mental, but that comes with being out there. It’s part of getting the experience out there.” This quote gives the readers some insight into the feelings going through Petty’s head as he was on the field and had to deal with the many experiences that quarterbacks have to deal with. “This was exactly what we needed to get the first game jitters out,” Petty said. “Especially me. We’ve got plenty of depth, it’s going to be a fun season.” Petty gives us some positive feedback on how he feels like this season is going to be and states that Baylor fans have a lot be looking forward to this football season.

This was my first time reading the Baylor Lariat; however, I feel that I will look into this newspaper more often. There are many interesting topics that relate to me seeing as I’m a Baylor student. The sports section was particularly one that I enjoyed reading about because it gave me some insight on the feelings of the Baylor players and coaches.