Experience of Writing Leads September 17

When I sat down to do my leads homework, last Saturday night, I was overwhelmed with frustration. I could not tell top from bottom. In class it came to me so easy but for some reason Saturday my brain shut off. Maybe it was because I am not used to using the inverted pyramid style but who knows? Anyways, it did not go pleasantly for me writing with this style of writing. It took me a while to figure out what words to even include in the lead. It was a lot harder than what I expected.

After going over our homework in class today though, I feel as if I have gained enough knowledge about leads to write them correctly and efficiently. If you gave me an inverted pyramid style lead, I would immediately recognize it now. It really helped me to hear all the leads out loud, especially my own. It became clear to me, while listening, which leads were crap and which leads were golden. Plus hearing my classmates falter, made me feel better about how I did on my leads assignment. All joking aside though, hearing the leads greatly improved my knowledge and skill with leads.