Washington Post Sep. 12th

The media outlet I researches this week was again a newspaper but this time it was the Washington Post. Unlike last time, this was not a hard copy newspaper but rather the online version of it. The day that I decided to visit this website was on September 12th. When I looked at the website it was very obvious how the website was set up. It was very easy to navigate, with all the different types of stories placed at the top. The types of topics it covered range from politics to sports to even opinions.

The top story of the day was Kerry: U.S. ready to Strike if Syria Deal not Reached. The main concept in the story is that the U.S. will use military action in Syria if the Syrian government does not give up its chemical weapons. As of now the Syrian government stated they aren’t willing to cooperate unless the U.S. stops threatening military action. Kerry is leading the way on this issue and said he will not back down either.

Two other stories that interested me were The Hot Hitting Nats sweep Mets and Car Bomb goes of Outside the U.S. Consulate in Afghanistan. The first story being about how the Washington Nationals are playing real good baseball and swept their series and the second story being about the tragedy of a bomb going off by the U.S. Consulate in Afghanistan. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/car-bomb-goes-off-outside-us-consulate-in-western-afghanistan-7-civilians-wounded/2013/09/12/b9d0438e-1c1b-11e3-80ac-96205cacb45a_story.html?hpid=z3 & http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/hot-hitting-nationals-sweep-mets-to-win-sixth-straight/2013/09/12/b12ed424-1bef-11e3-8685-5021e0c41964_story.html.

The audience for this outlet is for anyone that is interested in the news and is probably younger and does not like reading the newspaper. I believe this because statistically older people enjoy having a hard copy newspaper and younger people prefer the ease and convenience of going online. Overall I’d say this media outlet appeals to me because it is really convenient for me online and is good because I don’t really read the paper and this wouldn’t require me to pay for a subscription to a paper I barely read.