A Little About Me!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to all my readers! My name is Jillian Reid and this semester at Baylor I am apart of a class called Writing for Media Markets. Through out the semester, I will be providing you with my evaluations of various news sources.

I am currently a Junior Distribution Management and Technology major in the Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University. I am from Mokena, IL and I am the second baseman on the Baylor Softball team. I have a very competitive personality that I blame on my two older brothers; I always felt the need to keep up with them when I was growing up. Another thing I blame on my brothers is my love for sports. In my house, loving sports came natural which, explains why the majority of my news outlets are sports related. ESPN is my favorite outlet to get the latest news about all sports, whether that is online or watching it on television. This year is my first year participating in a non-profitable fantasy football league thus I have been doing research via nfl.com, cbssports.com, and sports.yahoo.com. Beyond my world of sports I enjoy keeping up with current events online but to be honest, I do not keep up with them as well as I should. Yahoo is my main source of current events online. I also must confess my addiction to picking up magazines in the grocery lines or at airports. My two favorites are People and Cosmopolitan.

I cannot wait to share with all of you my adventures of the vast market of media outlets our world offers us today. I am very excited to broaden my perspective of what other topics the mass media has to offer. I hope you have enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me and that the beginning of your semester is off to a fabulous start! Sic’ Em!