Writing for Media Markets

Hello world and writing for media markets class! I am Will Nystrom and I am a junior and am an accounting major. My hometown is Brainerd, MN which is located about 2 hours north of Minneapolis. I have lived in the same house my whole life. Currently I am pursuing a 5 year accounting degree and be able to pursue my master in accountancy. I know the degree I want to get but I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life. The thing I do want to do is retire and grow old in Minnesota, hopefully be able to live in the same town I grew up in.

The funny thing is about my news reading is that I read more news when I was in high school. But now my favorite type of news has to do with either the stock market or sports. So looking at those two avenues I love ESPN (espn.com) and I frequently watch their show to get any highlights about my Vikings. With being so far from home I rely on the small newspaper located in Brainerd, called the Brainerd Dispatch (brainerddispatch.com), that gives me very up to date news on my hometown and gives me highlights of my high school. I love the USA Today paper copy, I always skim through the sections until I get to the Money and Sports sections, where I read the articles. Last news source I read is Sports Illustrated, this gives me a lot of background on all sports and it usually has a feature story in the back of the magazine and I thoroughly enjoy that part.

I am excited for this class because it is my first Journalism class. I am excited to be able to write well and be able to write eloquently. Go Gophers!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, have a good one.

Will