Each month, we post an update to notify our readers about the latest archival collections to be processed and some highlights of our print material acquisitions. These resources are primed for research and are just a sampling of the many resources to be found at The Texas Collection!
July’s finding aids
By Paul Fisher, Assistant Director and Processing Archivist
- Texas National Guard: 124th Cavalry records (#4044): Contains correspondence, minutes, photographs, clippings, histories, and administrative materials related to both the 124th Cavalry’s service during World War II and the 124th Cavalry Association’s annual reunions. The 124th Cavalry served in the China, Burma, India theater of World War II and was reactivated as a Texas National Guard unit in 1945
- BU Records: Psychology Department (#BU/245): Clippings, course materials, event invitations and programs, and program information as well as accreditation and self-study materials related to the Psychology Department at Baylor University.
- BU Records: Robert Foster Cherry Awards (#BU/340): Includes banquet programs, clippings, certificates, and lecture and symposium materials related to the Robert Foster Cherry Award at Baylor University.
- BU Records: Inter Club Council (#BU/112): Minutes, clippings, minutes, rush invitations, and rush information and handbooks related to the Inter Club Council at Baylor University.
- BU Records: Baylor Newcomer’s Club (#BU/35): Contains clippings, minutes, and a scrapbook about the Newcomer’s Club at Baylor University.
- BU Records: Philosophy Department (#BU/187): Newsletters, student publications, information about former students,clippings, course materials, event programs, and promotional materials related to the Philosophy Department at Baylor University.
- BU Records: Student Counseling and Testing Center (#BU/157): Includes a brochure, research study, and questionnaire results related to the Student Counseling and Testing Center at Baylor University.
- [Waco] Behrens Drug Company records (#3023): Stock certificates, legal notes, and correspondence related to the Behrens Drug Company of Waco, Texas.
- Ernest Edwin Atkinson papers (#3131): Contains materials from Atkinson’s personal and professional life including academic papers, sermon outlines, teaching materials from the Mexican Baptist Bible Institute and the Hispanic Baptist Theological Seminary, and personal items such hometown records and memorabilia from high school.
- BU Records: Promissory Notes (#BU/18): Promissory notes for ministerial students who attended Baylor University from 1892-1900.
- BU Records: Students’ Christian Association (#BU/163): Minutes, membership rolls, and the constitution and bylaws of the Students’ Christian Association of Baylor University.
- Camp MacArthur Infirmary Ledger records (#433): Includes a ledger with records from Camp MacArthur’s infirmary from 1918 July-September. This time period coincides with the second wave of the Spanish influenza outbreak.
- [San Antonio] World War II scrapbook (#3947): Contains 158 images of military life during World War II.
- Bosqueville Methodist Episcopal Church records (#197): Includes a photocopied history and church register, with correspondence and church receipts contained in the register book.
- Hutto Presbyterian Church records (#997): Contains a folder of minutes from the congregation, primarily documenting church operations and new members joining the church.
- Raymond McCarey Cavness papers (#2756): Includes materials on his life and work as a university president, notably as president of San Angelo College, now Angelo State University.