The spring 2021 issue of Baylor Impact newsletter is now online and in the mail to alumni. If you do not receive a newsletter in the mail soon, please let us know by emailing BaylorImpact@baylor.edu. To make sure you don’t miss any future communications, you can also update your information online at this link: Update Your Information
The Spring Impact issue features the work of faculty, students, and alumni who are making a difference through education. This issue is notable for the number of award-winning faculty and students we are celebrating — people you’ll want to know about!
Read about exciting and impactful new grants helping children with developmental disabilities like autism and their families and teachers, new leaders in K12 education, national professional roles for faculty, and so much more!
Great news includes:
• The cover story shares the work of Dr. Stephanie Gerow, who has received a prestigious national grant to design a system to help agencies provide effective behavior interventions for children with developmental disabilities.
• SOE faculty members received three of the university’s Outstanding Faculty accolades this spring.
• Dr. Trena Wilkerson is serving is a significant national role as president of NCTM, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, working to bring equity in math education.
• New graduates in the K12 Educational Leadership program are making an impact in schools and districts from Texas to Washington, D.C.
• In our alumni profile, Isaac Gittens, MSEd ’16, tells what it’s like to work in the NFL and how to land a job there.
• And find out how scholarships are helping future teachers like Lana Brady make their vocational dreams come true.